Tuesday, May 1, 2018

SUMANA BHATTACHARJE



SUMANA BHATTACHARJE

DOWN THE CHILDHOOD LANE

My Grandpa my childhood friend and guide,
Once he was the only reason of my pleasure and pride .

Often in the lone evening
He used to sit on his easy chair
I was his only mate
Age gap never been a matter.

Thousands words we would exchange
We would laugh at each other
As if we are classmate
Who can say he is my grandfather?

Wearing his spectacles on his sharp nose
He would read for me poetry, limerick or  prose .

So many dreams we would bedight
It seemed grandpa will always be there
By my side.

Suddenly came that dead dark night
Poor Grandpa! Against the cruel death
He couldn't fight.

Where are you Grandpa?
My childhood delight!

Console of my sole
My guiding light!

Every evening now a gloomy night
Yet it seems you are here around me
Sometimes in lone twilight.
Copyright
Sumana Bhattacharjee






ONCE BY CHANCE

Once in a life time I met you
It's only my heart who can tell
What I feel for you.

Once upon a time we met by chance
You can tell it happened perchance.

Years passed by decade
About to go
What I feel for you, you never know.

Once those blue eyes captivated my heart
Still none can quench my thirst.

Who are you?
Where are you from
I know nothing
Perhaps love has no norm.

I little know what is called divine
But whatever I feel for you
Always sublime .

You are my destination
You are the rhythm and rhyme.
You are the charming evening
You are my sunshine!
Copyright@
Sumana Bhattacharjee







WHY I WRITE

I write because
I love to write.
I write because an another
World for me my pen bedight .

I write because
Writing is there in my vein
Without it my life in vain.

Writing is my passion
May be in the era of internet
It's little out of fashion.

Whenever I write
I speak to my heart
As I dived myself into the world of thought

Nobody can make me hurt,
It's the only way to quench my thirst.

My thought fly
Sometimes over green grass
Sometimes up to the azure sky.

I write because I feel fine
I feel like I'm in heaven
I'm the truth, I’m divine.

Copyright
SUMANA BHATTACHARJE
  
SUMANA BHATTACHARJE is a bilingual poetry writer from India. She born and brought up in city Kolkata in a family of teachers .From her childhood she has a keen interest in music, poetry and drama .She is a published poet and her poems have been published in many national and international magazines , anthologies and blogs . Some of her poems have been translated in Bengali and Spanish. Poetry and music is her passion and she wants to continue it until her last breathe.

No comments :

Post a Comment