Thursday, March 1, 2018

ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN



ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN

THE LAMP IN THE RAIN


Is my heart inside my chest?
No, I gave it to a remote lamp.
My heart lamp is near your window pane.
Its light is purple in the pale rain.
Moonlight Sonata shows you my face.
You stretch your fingers to reach my hand.
How far is your land?
My heart lamp warms the cold rain there.
Are you warmed by the light of my heart lamp?
It is lit near your window pane.






WE WILL DANCE IN BLISS

The iron curtain disappeared to let us meet.
My cyber door is open and you walk in.
You enter so quickly over the hills and seas.
The cyber curtain isn't like the one which slid to history.
It shows me your eyes through its transparent silk.
Is this purple dream a mirage in the eyes of a spring violet?
O it's not a fantasy crying in madness.
Your cyber window is open and I climb in.
Look, we are together so we can dance in bliss.
I put my head on your shoulder on my computer screen.
The iron curtain has disappeared.
Why can't we dance in bliss?
Look, I have a plane ticket in my fantasy.
It looks as purple as a spring violet.
''How are you doing there''? You say to me.
I stretch my paths in your eyes' sadness.
We are not young like emerald springs.
We are like autumns with rainy streams.
We are still alive, thank Goodness.
One day my plane ticket will meet me.
One day we will dance in bliss.







THE LETTER FROM THE EARTH

Hello mum. I am writing to you from the Earth.
I hope my letter reaches you.
Happy Birthday!
No, I am not crying as I am sure God takes care of you.
I know you hear my voice, my sweet mother.
How are you there in Heaven?
Don't worry about me.
Do you remember telling me the fairy tales which you wrote yourself?
My prince from afar found me.
I am happy to have him.
I know you and dad blessed our wedding.
You have forgotten your illnesses and your beds in a hospital.
God gave you a shelter in Paradise.
Happy Birthday my sweet mother!
Hug dad for me!


ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN


No comments :

Post a Comment