Thursday, February 1, 2018

DAVID ANTHONY CHUKWUDI NJOKU


DAVID ANTHONY CHUKWUDI NJOKU

PICK UP THAT PEN..

Pick up the pen
Begin the written
Words in your
Heart
That
Would bring
Change to
Our world
Hey
Start now
Talk about it
Hate it
domestic violence
a cancer
to our
Homes

Pick it up
Pen against corruption
it's eating deep
Our purity
Our dignity
Our integrity
Our creativity
Arise
Write
Speak out
Share it
Be not afraid
stop this disease
Yes
I mean you
Be open
Pick up that pen

Not in my country
why this discrimination
in my nation
Why why let it
Separate divide
our heritage
amongst us

Am in pain
Pain am in
Why
Why
Pick up your pen
Don't let it
Die in you

Pick up this pen
In front of you
Write in plain
Against child abuse
Molestation
Prostitution
Corruption
Slavery
dehumanisation
Murders
War
Bad leadership
Against anti followership
Pick up that pen

Write it
I say to you write it
Believe now
Someone out
There
Even here
They
are reading
watching
as you unfold
Your heart
Regarding this
Diseases
on mankind

I wail on my
sick bed
As the nurses
gives me
wrong prescription
death prevails
Right there
in all these
hospitals
Why
Why let it so
You see it
On daily
basis yet u can't write it
Shame on you

Is all over in
our
offices
Homes
Churches
Why watch
Pick up that pen

Pick up your pen
Don't scribble like
Hen
Don't even place
Favoritism
just write truth
about the realities
Of life

Posterity
Prosperity
dignity
integrity
Are watching
You and I

If we fail
To pick up
Our pen
Write against
these evils
For sure
We shall be
FORGOTTEN

Pick up that pen
Now

All Rights Reserved
Jan. 3, 2018
David Njoku





THE RACE OF LIFE

Awake I in the wee
Of morn
Standing awe in
Front of the mirror
seeing I a reflection of pain
My lips could'nt
Move
Suddenly in the
Mirror
an appearance of
Imageries of
Timber
and caliber
Saw I
All
Dressed in white
For that wonderful
Occasion of davine's...
She's so beautiful
Graceful
Blissful
But not
Happy to be
With John
Wonder I why
I mean why
Not being happy
Race of life
It's not as
Beautiful
It appears
Or seems to be

Many appeared
Well dressed
graced
And even poised
As I watched keenly
Before my mirror

Only to see another
Version of John
Being a Ritualist
a king-pin
An addict of miseries

All these knew she
but how
When
Who
Come for her
Rescue
for she's blinded
of the materials
saw her in John

Who shall rescue Her from this
Hell trapped
Ask I myself
In mute
Then wonder I
Why worry I
Because wife I've not
Money have I not
Not even home
For self

It's funny
Race of life
Differs from
ANOTHER
Run only
And only
On thy lane
For running on thy lane
Would thine focus
Be alive
To have a fulfilled
Race in life

Suddenly the images
Disappeared
saw I still in awe

Life's race is not
For the swifter
or the swiftest
not even for
Knowledgeable
Yea
But opportunity
Happens to
Them all
Tell I thee
Run with the
Application of light
the rules of
engagement
Apply them all

So that at the end
You will cross
The finish line

The race of life
Appears a mystery
Puzzle ...

Put it together
and you'll be
VICTOR

All Rights Reserved
Jan.3, 2018
David Njoku





THE VOW

It's true we're world apart
But I can't do without you
I promise to build
my world around you
And ne'er to be apart

No matter the words
You hurl at me
I will walk you
Down the aisle
You will be my friend
Forever
For the journey
Shall be together

No matter what
I will love you
Sunshine nor rain
You will be mine

This is my vow
I will not cow
It now

You're my vow

DAVID ANTHONY CHUKWUDI NJOKU.
(Nigeria)


No comments :

Post a Comment