Monday, January 1, 2018

INGE WESDIJK


INGE WESDIJK

LAST GRAIN OF SADNESS

Glistening, crystal drops,
like little brilliants,
kissing your cheeks
I'm drawn into your world
of shining sadness
Never
observed so much beauty
in sorrow
You are one of those
timeless paintings
from the old masters
Van Gogh, Rembrandt,
a delicate shadow play
frames you into
a state of perfection
Ssshh..., hush
my comforting
warmth will bring you solace
My ardent love for you
shall dry your tears
You'll forget your
troublesome thoughts
until only a grain
of a salty memory remains






DOWNFALL

Staring out my window,
rain steadily sheds its grief
Same as the weeping in my heart

How could I ever know,
bliss would change in disbelief
Should have ignored you from the start

Slowly you gained my trust,
thought our love would last a hundred years
I gave you everything, gave you all

Your indifference caused a cloudburst
of an everlasting flood of tears
Condemned me to a downcast downfall







DESIRES

Jewelry, exquisite wines,
a home theater, the latest
stylish Gucci boots,
a seaworthy yacht

You asked me what
I would do if I could
buy all I ever desired
My love, my sole wish
is being together with you
into eternity
I simply would buy us
some time


INGE WESDIJK



INGE WESDIJK (Daginne Aignend): Daginne Aignend is a pseudonym for the Dutch writer, poetess, and photographic artist Inge Wesdijk. She likes hard rock music and fantasy books. She is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals. Daginne posted some of her poems on her fun project website www.daginne.com. and she does some editing in her spare time. She has been published in many Poetry Review Magazines, in the bilingual anthology (English/Farsi), Where Are You From?, the Contemporary Poet's Group anthology Dandelion in a Vase of Roses, the Peeking Cat Anthology 2017 and in the Tears Anthology from the NY Literary Magazine. Three poems are translated in Serbian and published in the Literary Review Belgrade.

No comments :

Post a Comment