Monday, January 1, 2018

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA

KISSES FROM HEAVEN

Winter night
Smoking chimneys
Baked apple pies
Evoking memories
Snowflakes falling gently
Like kisses from heaven
Melting with my warm
And salty tears
It's as if heaven knows
How much I miss you
And at our dining table
There is an empty place.
A new year begins
Our Angel lives forever
In our heart and soul.






ACROSS THE MILES

Somewhere across the miles...
a heart beats only for you.
The look in your eyes is such
a bountiful prize...
My soul is lost without you,  and
I know this to be so very true.

Somewhere across the miles...
a soul yearns for your embrace.
Listen to the sweet melody of
your heartbeat; the greatest desire.
A thousand miles; nor a thousand years
could never fade such a pure love.






BITTER SWEET

Lonely and sitting by
my window on a
cold Winter's night,
a cup of coffee in my hand,
a pen ready to spill
my soul in the other.
Thoughts come and go
like waves while bittersweet
tears wetting my notebook,
craving your presence
saddens my heart.
Pieces of paper
scattered on the floor,
the Moon shyly peeks
trying to comfort me,
I yelled to her in hopes
that you can hear
the echo of my voice,
so many times I tried
to reach out for your
hand to dry my tears,
to feel your tender touch,
I tried to ease my
pain with a smile,
because I knew that you
were on the other side
feeling the same.

(Initially published on Raven Cage Ezine)

BLANCA ALICIA GARZA


BLANCA ALICIA GARZA is a Poet from Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a nature and animal lover, and enjoys spending time writing. Her poems are published in the Poetry Anthologies, "Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze", and "Dandelions in a Vase of Roses" now available at Amazon.com. Blanca's work can be found in The Poet Community, Whispers, The Winamop Journal, Indiana Voice Journal, Tuck Magazine, Raven's Cage Ezine, Scarlet Leaf Review as well as Birdsong Anthology 2016, Vol 1. Blanca was recently nominated for The Best of the Net 2017.

No comments :

Post a Comment