Friday, December 1, 2017

APRILIA ZANK


APRILIA ZANK

FIND THE BIRD

this is a forlorn place
where once youngsters came
to gallivant, dance and love
when life seemed perpetual
and the wanderers, dancers and lovers
treasured it in their immortal minds
as they knew they would never forfeit
and they didn't
floating above the waves
as feathers, breeze, echoes –

and once in a while
a bird would fall to the ground
heavy with the sorrow of the world
and so tiny that you could hardly see it
lying there
on the barren rocks
in its delusive nest of feathers
withering under the callous sun
void of lustre and echo






RAPSODIE ESPAGNOLE

out of the concert hall
in the dark
in the empty street
wondering
where all the passers-by
had vanished

I saw those fires
at an uncertain distance
those silhouettes
dancing,
or fighting,
or loving

and I was there
among the embers
and smoke

my veils caught fire
burnt layer by layer
my skin sparkled
with scattered pearls

ghosts all around

I sensed their eyes
pierce the darkness
their breath
build bridges to my lips

while the old gypsy
grinned
shuffled the cards
to tell me a fortune
which I was unwilling
to hear







TWILIGHT

walking around the lake
brooding over yellow lilies
a sense of solitude
drips on algae-coated
obsolete nymphs

behind wire fences
the sun fades away
trickles down
light dissipates
like burning silk

I call a name –
in a void of answers
birds flutter away
hurry
to precarious shelters

APRILIA ZANK


No comments :

Post a Comment