Friday, December 1, 2017

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


 FOR HOW LONG SHALL YOU RUN?

For how long would you choose to run
Asked Cupid to my soul
The Purity of the life you live
Requires you to fall into the arms of Love!

Why, don’t you know, he continued
That souls, when they fall on Earth
Are separated by the wills of their fate?
Don’t you know
That their sole aim in life
Remains in finding each other?

For how long would you choose to run
Pretending that Love
Triggers not the sleeping volcano in you?

You may do as you so wish
Run and hide in the most mysterious of all monasteries,
Live in the persona of a flower
Or even that of a stone
Why, I shall find you
And strike in the very depth of your soul
My arrow,
Which, guided by the wills of my own winds
Shall have you lost in Love’s embrace!




MUSINGS ON A DARK NIGHT

Stars play their games in the night sky
Twinkling at will
And causing me to wish I could catch them

The moon glows brighter,
Till, I feel my whole body
Immersed in its glow
Why, if only I could have a silvery hue
Around me forever, topped with a silvery
Coated diamond crown
Why,
Wouldn’t I have been the Queen of the Night?

The one known to be so in love with her King,
As the latter’s sole aim remains in saving me
Yet, the one who remains so elusive
That finding him is such a toil!

Pray, The Milky Way itself starts dancing
Upon seeing my musing plight,
Love is meant to be a celebrated art
Yes, love is meant to be worked for
To suffer for
To yearn for
So that it gets appreciated,
Writes The Milky Way in starry sparkles
If I do allow you to catch stars
And to wear the moon’s glow over you
You would not know of love’s value!

Learn,
Learn to be patient
Learn to keep your heartbeats in check
Learn to soothe your desires
Learn,
And you shall know of the value of Love!





THE WHISPERED DUET

Open your eyes,
Whispered the Lover
Open your eyes, let me see their shine
No, I whispered back,
I won’t!
The night stood still as I kept my eyes shut
And let my cheeks flare crimson
The night stood still as it listened to the hungry
Breath of the Lover!

Without another word,
He put his arms around me
And buried his faced in my femininity
So much that I realized not
When I lost all contact
With reality
Caring solely to drive my concentration
Towards his prompting stimulations!

Unable to bear it anymore
I opened my eyes
And turned even more crimson
As I gazed into his
And saw the same passionate intensity
That burned in my heart!

You opened them, he whispered
At last!
I shall open them, whispered I
Only for you
The night held its breath and stood still
As both the Lover and I
Acted out our whispered duet
In its shadowy fragrance!

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON



ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, In Between Hangovers Press, WISH Press, Tuck’s Magazine, Blue Mountain Review, among others.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in two anthologies for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests

No comments :

Post a Comment