Wednesday, November 1, 2017

ELISABETTA BAGLI


ELISABETTA BAGLI

THE CRUST OF THE WORLD
(from “Inmaterial Matter”)

What is your offer?
Your dream or your shadow?
Your future or your past?
A kiss lost
In the vanishing air of the night
Or the gnashing of teeth
In certainty?

What is your offer?
A memory of soft breasts
On which to languish
Or your dead belly
That has chosen the dark
In which you believed to be
A new You?

What is your offer?
You offer me a suspended soul
On the crust of the world,
A soul who implores mercy
For having finished
Infinity.






COLOURS
(from “Inmaterial Matter”)

Indomitable crystal vortexes
Rotating in the mind,
Meaningless,
As pinwheels of life
With thick walls.
I want to break them,
To come out,
I can’t.
The intensity
Forces me to stay inside.
Tears are reflected
In the colours
Of that offspring
That I shall never forsake.
My mission has no end.
Suffering and bitterness
Want me blurred.
I resist the pale abandonment.







ON THE SHORE OF THE NIGHT
(from “Our two souls”)

On the shore of the night
I dream the white of the day,
Harmonic light fills my delirious
In the inviting darkness.

Insatiable agony
Your iron words
That sparkle and sink,
Tearing this present.

You erased the past,
You cleared up my name.
Lonely, on the banks of the night,
I expect a love that I don’t ask,
A love that I want.

ELISABETTA BAGLI


No comments :

Post a Comment