Sunday, October 1, 2017

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA


ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA

AFTERNOON FUN

Old movies
A celluloid circus
Of black and white and gray
Faded sepia tone
Slapstick and quirky
Romance and Noir
Dramatic and dark
Living life on the edge
I can almost hear the clicking
of the film reel as it spins
Rainy afternoon enjoyment
Popcorn in hand
Swaddled in an afghan
With cat in lap
A make believe world feels real
For one afternoon





DESIRABLE

Your beauty draws me in
Enveloped in your arms
I am obsessed by you
Entranced by your charms

You are most desirable
Oh so perfect in my eyes
I want to possess you
You are the ultimate prize

I can almost taste your kiss
As I hold you in my dreams
But life can be so cruel
It is never as it seems

There are times that it feels
As if you could be mine
But the moments always pass
The stars never quite align

If you were but a person
Your love I might inspire
Alas you remain elusive
It is wisdom I desire





LATE SUMMER LAMENT

Hearts are melancholy
when autumn invades.
Time passes quickly
as daylight fades.

August, bitter sweet,
flowers give their all.
Animals scurry about
in preparation for fall

A certain feel to mornings,
change is in the air.
Days retain summer heat.
Nights are cool and fair.

The quality of evening light,
an eerie pink overcast,
reflecting off cloud cover.
Warning summer will not last.

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA

ANN CHRISTINE TABAKA was born and lives in Delaware, USA.  She is a published poet, an artist, a chemist, and a personal trainer.  She loves gardening, cooking, and the ocean.  Chris lives with her husband and two cats.  Her poems have been published in numerous national and international poetry journals, reviews, and anthologies. Chris has been selected as the resident Haiku poet for Stanzaic Stylings.



No comments :

Post a Comment