Tuesday, August 1, 2017

RANDALL K ROGERS


RANDALL K ROGERS

SINLESS

If intent

to do

harm

is key,

they harm

when need

be;

to preserve

their life.

Provide

abundantly

for themselves

and myriad

others

if left be.

Mutualism

is

without guile.

Blameless

and free,

happy

in uncertainty.



BEFORE WISDOM ETCHED ITS LINES IN OUR FACES

Mom was in her heyday,

I was in Minneapolis,

quaint Edina,

“Roots” and the

“Odd Couple”

were on T.V.

Beyerly's sweet

and sour chicken

wings delighted

our palates,

Christmas, as it

should be, most

still alive,

took us to

its Holy Land,

taking the

morning

cheese bus

to Edina East

high school,

still dark

in winter

twilight.

Bicentennial Year,

“Rocky” and

“Marathon Man”

on the screen.

Mom agreed to

walk ten feet

behind me

entering the

Eden Prairie cineplex

theater - so my

high-school

compatriots

would not see

me out with

Mom.

Everything

was fun and unique

new for she and I

following

the divorce.

I was sixteen.

She gave me

a home perm

on my long

1975-76 hair

vowing adamantly

never to do it

again.

The Christmas tree

from Hell tipped

over three times

while we were

decorating it

supernaturally

flinging red satin

globes everytime

eerily to

far corners of

the room

so we could

barely find them.

A special chemistry

we had, she and I,

happiness as it

should be.




MOTHER

and teenage Son

alone together

experiencing

life in the

Big City.

A Winter Carnival

indeed.

Mom's drinking

wasn't yet a

problem, back then.

We were young,

beautiful, and

naive; time was

yet to test us.

Simple and free

in Mother-Child

harmony.

She was

on her own.

I was

with her for

an entire

school year

back then.

We both

awaiting

things

we'd learn

to know

and live

multifaceted

and stark.

RANDALL K ROGERS

RANDALL K ROGERS : Is a citizen of the United States. His first language is English, He lives in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA,


No comments :

Post a Comment