Tuesday, August 1, 2017

MICHELA ZANARELLA


MICHELA ZANARELLA

I CHAIN MYSELF TO THE ORIGINS

I chain myself to the origins
of light,
I undo a sunset,
just as poetry touches me,
with my lips I create the fate
of a horizon that glorifies
cemeteries filled with bones.
I rest in the sudden vibration
of a cloud,
intersecting rivers of silence
at the whimsical azure of a crowd
of instants.
Embodied in the exile
of earth and water,
I bind myself to the wind, I yield to the flames.
To eyes permeated by the world
surrounding the sun,
I make myself eternal
like Daphne. I make myself
a forest of olive trees.
***




AUGUST’S GLANCES

You seek me
in the glances of August,
you throw your blue
aboard the edges of my lips.
You commit a pulse
of muscles and light to eternity,
you become electricity where the sweat
smells of resin and sea.
With your life you invade
my life
and with the retina
call me love.
***




TOGETHER BEYOND

Dream an elsewhere,
a breathing in
of clouds and eternity
to nourish the spine,
of vapors still intact,
still ours.
Together,
beyond the outlines of the end,
we will move winged
across timelines,
as discovering ourselves naked
for the first time,
nervous because of love,
ready to unearth intimacy
of waters, of the universe.
The phalanxes will not vanish
in flames,
the greedy sweat of play
will not die,
we will consume the sky
dripping in love on the sidewalks
of destiny.
Drenched by sensuality
we too will exist
where the infinite is absent.
***




SPARKS OF LIFE

In these bones
I travel
and I carry with me
the little sparks of life.
I unearth heat,
take in breath,
I love.
I want
to stay in this skin,
I want it to still be
magic
in the future.
I want you to erupt
out of me
and I want to know
the taste of the sea.
***




SILENCE MATURES

Silence matures
in a sea
that bears my glances
like earth that gently
bears human misery.
The flesh of my mind
takes refuge in the water.
In the limpid muscles
of the depth
I find the strength
of a prolific reason.
Life lingers
between a sacrifice
and the purity of my foam.
***
MICHELA ZANARELLA


MICHELA ZANARELLA is the author of poetry, fiction, and plays. Born in Cittadella, Michela lives and works in Rome, where she carries out her work in collaboration with various journals on the web. She has published eight books of poetry, and she has received several national and international awards. Her poetry has been translated into Spanish, Romanian, French, and Arabic.

No comments :

Post a Comment