Sunday, January 1, 2017

ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN

OUR POETRY ARCHIVE FEATURED
POET OF THE MONTH

ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN

OPA How long have you been writing Poetry? We would like to know the early stories about your growing up as a poet or writer in general. Who are your favorite Poets? What are some of your favorite genres to read and to write? Had they inspired you a lot, do you believe in inspiration as a guiding force behind writings at all?

ANAHIT  I have been writing Poetry since I was a schoolgirl. My mother was a writer. She was my best teacher and advisor. I have always been inspired by life. Philosophy was the subject of my inspiration. I am interested in reading both classical and modern writers. My husband Philip Dodd is a great writer. His poetry and novels are great pieces of literature. Poetry brought us together. My favorite genres are different. I love both poetry and fiction. I believe in inspiration as it is a powerful force making ink create beautiful pieces of literature.


OPA What has been the toughest criticism given to you as a writer? What was the biggest compliment? Did those change how or what you write?  What has been the strangest thing that a reader has asked you?

ANAHIT I have faced both criticism and compliments in my life. I think it's natural. People have different opinions and tastes. I write what my heart and brain dictates me.


OPA What is your favorite poem you have ever written? Compared to when you first started writing, have you notice any big changes in your writing style or how you write compared from then to now?

ANAHIT  My favorite poem I have writen is A Poet and a Poem. A poet is a poem but who knows this. It's the last line of my poem. My writing style has always been based on metaphors. Allegorical expressions are usually in the lines of my poems.


OPA   What has been your favorite part of being a poet or and author? What has been your least favorite?

ANAHIT My favorite part of being a poetess and author is that I share my creative works with my readers. My least favorite is that most people seldom buy books. In my opinion books are as important as food.


OPA  Did you get to quit your day job and become a writer and or author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?

ANAHIT IT   I am a tutor. Most of my students love books. This cheers me up.


OPA   Besides writing and reading, what is your most favorite thing to do? What genre are you most looking forward to explore during your writing career? Why?

ANAHIT   I like listening to music. I am interested in art. I am writing my first novel at present.


OPA Do you think literature or poetry is really essential in our life? If so why? How does it relate to the general history of mankind?

ANAHIT Literature and poetry have always been essential in the general history of mankind. Poetry is the part of literature. Writers and poets have been creating wonderful canvases with ink in different corners of the world for centuries.


OPA   Our readers would like to know your own personal experience regarding the importance of literature and poetry in your life.

ANAHIT  Literature has always played an important role in my life.


OPA Do you think people in general actually bother about literature in general?  Do you think this consumerist world is turning the average man away from serious literature?

ANAHIT  I think serious literature has always attracted educated people.


OPA Do you think society, as a whole, has a factor in shaping you as a poet, or your poetry altogether?

ANAHIT  I think society has a factor in shaping most poets.


OPA We would also like to know; How do you relate the present literary trends with the literary heritage of your own country?

ANAHIT  Armenia is rich in literature, art and music. I have always been inspired by our ancient, classical and modern poets and writers.


OPA Are you a feminist? Can literature play any decisive role in feminism at all?
ANAHIT  I am a humanist.


OPA Do you believe that all writers are by and large the product of their nationality? Is it an incentive or an obstacle in becoming an international writer?

ANAHIT  Literature doesn't have borders. It is global. Translators have been translating so many masterpieces into different languages for centuries.


OPA What 7 words would you use to describe yourself?

ANAHIT Kind,cheerful, honest, happy, friendly, hardworking and romantic.


OPA   Is there anything else that you would like to share or say to those who will read this interview?

ANAHIT  I wish peace and happiness to everyone.

ANAHIT ARUSTAMYAN was born in Yerevan, Armenia, 1963. After graduating the university she published her poems in some of local anthologies. Her first published poem was in the Youth Literary Magazine called ''Garun'' translated into English ''Spring''. Her later works were published in different international anthologies and online magazines. She authored paperback books entitled My Intoxicated Ink, The Queen Of Metaphors and e-books entitled My Wandering Muse, My Lyrical Tongue and The Phantom's Dolphin. Her books are available on Amazon and Lulu.


The editorial staff of this project: Deborah Brooks Langford, Stacia Lynn Reynolds; sincerely thank you for your time and hope we shall have your continued support.

No comments :

Post a Comment