Saturday, October 1, 2016

CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU

CHRYSSA
VELISSARIOU


WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR

How far do I wish
to be heard? But I just need
to talk openly!

I really want to
touch no soul , I just repel
my odd loneliness

I try to share with
you the inherent human soul's
emotional strength

I make a research
so the inborn greatness inside
me to discover

So then maybe I could
through you love and hug my being's
internal Chaos


*
ΤΙ ΑΝΑΖΗΤΩ

Μέχρι πού θέλω
ν' ακουστώ; Μα απ' ανάγκη
μιλώ φανερά!

Δεν επιθυμώ
κανένα ν'αγγίξω, τη
μοναξιά απωθώ

Μοιράζομαι απλά
την εγγενή ανθρώπινη
ψυχική αντοχή

Προσπαθώ το εντός
μου εκ γενετής ωραίο
ν' ανακαλύψω

Το χάος του είναι μου
να μπορέσω μέσω υμών
να συμπαθήσω

(c)ChryssaVelissariou2014




CRYSTAL SOLITUDE

I brutally cerebrate looking
to a bluish sea snail
on the iridescent bottom, as
the frozen foam
of the winter coast
is kissing sensually my feet ...
In memory of our separation.

The cold wind has replaced
the daring embraces
during our promenades
although I still pray
the spring purple lips
to turn into crystals
tightly clasped.

The shuffled curls
of the long hair in the breeze
are reaped by the Slayer north wind,
which recalls that times
prevent old age from
approaching erotic irregularities,
as they did in their youth .

Transparent presence, however,
of tears in glass eyes
can not define
the crispy, brutal silence
as the icy consequence of
an enforced absence.

**
ΚΡΥΣΤΑΛΛΙΝΗ ΕΡΗΜΙΑ

Στυγνά διανοούμαι, κοιτώντας
ένα γαλαζωπό κοχλία,
που ιριδίζει στο βυθό, όπως
ο παγωμένος αφρός της
χειμωνιάτικης ακτής μου
φιλά ηδονικά τα πόδια...
Σ' ανάμνηση αποχωρισμού.

Την αγκαλιά στις παράτολμες
βόλτες έχει ο ψυχρός άνεμος
αντικαταστήσει, όσο κι αν
δέομαι να 'ταν κρύσταλλα
σφιχτά ενωμένα τα χείλη
της άνοιξης τα πορφυρά.

Τους μπερδεμένους βοστρύχους
μακριών μαλλιών στο μελτέμι
θέρισε φονιάς, ο βοριάς,
να υπομιμνήσκει ότι οι καιροί
αποτρέπουν το γήρας απ' την
προσέγγιση ερωτικών,
ωσεί νεανικών, ατασθαλιών.

Διαφανής παρουσία, ωστόσο,
δακρύων σε γυάλινα μάτια
δεν μπορεί να εξηγήσει
την τριζάτη, ωμή σιωπή
ως παγερή συνέπεια της
επιβεβλημένης απουσίας.
(c)ChryssaVelissariou2015





THE MEDUSA

The old man,  with wrinkles like
fish scales, grabbed my hand,
looked me in the eyes and smiled
sardonically ...

His white long hair and
beard waved in the wind.

"You have the smile of the snake's mother"
told me, "bland but also a trap;
if I had youth and urge,
you'd lie down on the sand with me
for a night ... "

His eyes, greedy, investigated
my bosom and flanks.

I had a tendency to run, but my legs
was trembling, bolted to earth, and my heart
was beating, like the small deer's after
hunt. I saw that he was reading me ...

He pulled his tongue and licked his lips,
caressing lewdly my thighs with his free hand .

"You're wet as a deep dark lake"
he said, "and your body a rough sea,
your hands and your feet, have been doubled,
they stick their suckers around his body
and he suffocates ... He'll escape away ... "

"He can Not withstand Medusas ..."

***
Η ΜΕΔΟΥΣΑ

Ο γέρος, με ρυτίδες σαν
λέπια ψαριού, μου άρπαξε το χέρι,
με κοίταξε στα μάτια και χαμογέλασε
σαρδόνια...

Τ'άσπρα μακριά μαλλιά του και
τα γένια ανέμισαν στον άνεμο.

"Έχεις το χαμόγελο της μάνας του φιδιού",
μου είπε,"μειλίχιο μα και παγίδα'
αν είχα νιάτα και ορμή,
θα σε πλάγιαζα στην άμμο για μια νυχτιά..."

Το μάτι του, λαίμαργο, ερεύνησε
τον  κόρφο μου και τις λαγόνες.

Είχα μια τάση να τρέξω, μα τα πόδια μου
έτρεμαν, βιδωμένα στη γη, και η καρδιά μου
χτυπούσε, σαν του μικρού ελαφιού μετά από
καταδίωξη. Διέκρινα πως με διάβαζε...

Έβγαλε τη γλώσσα κι έγλειψε τα χείλη,
ψαχουλεύοντας με το ελεύθερο χέρι του
ασελγώς τους μηρούς μου.

"Είσαι υγρή σαν βαθιά σκοτεινή λίμνη",
μου είπε,"και το κορμί σου ταραγμένη θάλασσα,
τα χέρια και τα πόδια σου, άλλα τόσα,
κολλάνε τις βεντούζες τους γύρω στο σώμα του
και τον πνίγουν... Θα φύγει..."

"Δεν αντέχει τις μέδουσες..."




INNUMERABLE MONTHS
Irremovable as centuries.
Chaotic the seconds.
What a Martyrdom!
I will never know when
really the deadline expires.
End will come,
when it won't make
any sense at all
to know about it.
Yes, I wish the first end
to be my own at least...
I was thinking about it
since I was a child.
But my wishes become never real.
I live and others are leaving
I live and you will leave me.
I just live.
copyright 2012 by Chryssa Velissariou

ΑΓΝΩΣΤΟ/ UNKNOWN
Αναρίθμητοι οι μήνες.
Αμετάθετοι ως αιώνες.
Χαοτικά δευτερόλεπτα.
Τι Μαρτύριο!
Δε θα μάθω ποτέ όμως πότε
η διορία άραγε λήγει.
Τέλος θα 'ρθει,
και δε θα 'χει πια νόημα
να το αντιληφθώ.
Ναι, το πρώτο θα ευχόμουν το τέλος
το δικό μου τουλάχιστον να' ναι.
Το σκεφτόμουν από παιδί.
Αλλά οι ευχές δεν θα πιάσουν.
Εγώ μένω κι οι άλλοι θα φεύγουν.
Εγώ μένω κι εσύ θα μ' αφήσεις.
Εγώ μένω.





AT THE END OF THE MONTH
I  won't have enough money  to feed
My children
Everyone abandoned me
They believe I'm insane
because I'll fight
In a rotten world
With a political establishment
Rubbing hands
Taking advantage even
when I use
My ultimate weapon
I feel weak
and misfit
Even you spat on
my face You
Never believed in
My benevolent intentions
However back there behind
The eyes of a Young person
Are staring at me with a
New spark of hope
And I the weakest link
The traitor for many
I was born to struggle
And maintain such sparks
So I dare to say still
Such a struggle is worth ...

-- Στο τέλος του μήνα
Δε θα'χω να ταΐσω
Τα παιδιά μου
Με εγκατέλειψαν όλοι
Με θεωρούν παράλογο
Γιατί ν' αγωνιστώ
Σ' ένα σαθρό κόσμο
Μ' ένα κατεστημένο
Που τρίβει τα χέρια
Να επωφελείται ακόμα
Κι από τη χρήση του
ύστατου όπλου μου
Αισθάνομαι αδύναμος
Κι απροσάρμοστος
Ακόμα κι εσύ μ' έφτυσες
Κατάμουτρα' ποτέ
Δεν πίστεψες στις
Αγαθές μου προθέσεις
Όμως εκεί πίσω πίσω
Τα μάτια ενός Νέου
Με κοιτάνε με μια
Σπίθα ελπίδας
Κι εγώ ο αδύναμος κρίκος
Ο προδότης για πολλούς
Γεννήθηκα για ν ' αγωνίζομαι
Και να συντηρώ τέτοιες σπίθες
Γι' αυτό τολμώ να λέω ακόμη
Τέτοιος αγώνας αξίζει...

 (cc)
ΧΡΥΣΑ ΒΕΛΗΣΣΑΡΙΟΥ

(c)
ChryssaVelissariou
2014

CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU: Professor of Physics, specialized in Space Physics, candidate Doctor in NT Education.  Prized by the Ministry of Education in Greece. Elected in the Municipality of  her hometown. Published in Greek and English in over 20 Anthologies, internet magazines and two personal books. Activist for Peace. World Poetry Canada and International Ambassador to Greece 2014-2016 for Peace. 100TPC and International Beat Poetry events organizer. She has published more than 3000 poems on her blogs. She also writes

No comments :

Post a Comment