Thursday, September 1, 2016

JANET C. PASCUAL

JANET C. PASCUAL


THE FIRST TIME


The first time I met you
I knew something different
Was to be peering into my soul
And would strongly manifest itself.

I was so naive, so inexperienced
For letting my senses leave the better of me
Only to let go of this unexplainable sensation
Which I thought has died a long time ago.

If this feeling be real, if this be true
I have only one wish, for it to last a lifetime
And for it not to lift from me until I am gone
For you have consumed me, you have burned into my soul.










LETTING GO

I did contemplate, I did ponder upon it
I was wrong, I was tearful, I was wasted
I could not bear, the thought of loosing
The one who has made me whole again…

The fear of the unknown has taken its toll
The burden of losing a special someone
Who sometimes seem to have slowly drifted away
Leaving the uncertainties compound each day…

I have to shun away the pain
Lest the pain of losing remains
I have to let go, and end this longing
Which cries out in reciprocation and belonging…











ONLY FOR A WHILE, ONLY FOR NAUGHT?

I know you were simply whiling the time away
And I was an easy prey, letting off my defenses to sway
Letting go of my independence which I held so dearly.

The feeling was so new, so overwhelming, so true
It left me breathless, speechless, sleepless, this love so pure
Yearning and longing for belonging which seemed so obscure.

When realization struck, I was hooked, I was caught,
Without a shield, without an armor, without a thought
Only for a while, I was changed, only for naught?


JANET C. PASCUAL

1 comment :

  1. Wow! Pumapag-ibig ang ate ko ��
    ❤������❤

    ReplyDelete