Friday, April 1, 2016

KEN ALLAN DRONSFIELD


KEN ALLAN DRONSFIELD


CHASING THE RAPTOR REV 4

My ghostly shadow soars, an exhilarated flight;
forbidden in a life; bequeathed beyond the veil;
Memories burn away like a nebula's fiery light;
Buried within, a soulless raucous fight I'll win.
Rising from the ground; to the clouds I inhale.
Once a lonely strife where life should've been;
the dream's finally real, I stand ready to begin;
Destiny fulfilled during this sunset at the harbor.
I'll smile for awhile; electric vibes upon my skin.
Now soaring into the mist; Chasing the Raptor.





LIGHT WITHIN THE ABYSS

Your shadow in the darkness;
is my light within this abyss.
Breathless whispers tout the faithless;
cherished heartbeats now remiss.
Drifting home through the blueish haze;
fires burn hot in the cavernous lair.
The brimstone steeps and rhythms play;
a raucous medley to a Serpent found there.
A captured heart in a golden cage;
chained so bold, yet loosely bound.
escape the trap while hiding the rage;
Lest I dwell forever as the devils clown.
You're shadow writhes in a haziness above;
guiding the way to a pathway home.
Grasp my essence; accept my love.
Treasure this enlightened dispirited soul."






TAKE MY HAND

Once upon a time;
none were too old
for a fairy tale.
None too young
for bedtime stories.
And none too busy
to read a good book.
But for now , my dear
take my hand and
let us walk through
the Forest Portals,
to an enchanted land
of Dragons, Fairies,
Castles and Unicorns.






SAVIOR MINE

But My Love,
with the rising
blood red Moon
during this cool
cruel twilight sky
you shall have to
inhale a deep breath
and ready yourself
for the unholy shade
of darkness to arrive.
Prepare now to be
your own pious savior,
because all about you,
everyone is too busy
running around this
hellish rancid city
trying to save their
own wretched souls.






BRAMBLES AND WINE

Rambling through
the brambles while
scrub and briers
grasp upon me.
Blackberry wine
dreams, while an
intoxicated mind
forever foggy.
Another splash
from the flask
in a life so stale.
Filling the pail
full of sweet ripe
blackberries.






DERVISHES OF DANCE

Adrift through a time;
enchanted ever after
misty twisted vines
whirling about the sky.
Awash in rhyme
feeling remorseless
shimmering candle
wicked hands of time.
Dervishes of dance
turning on the break
treaty of broken lives
a tenure of romance.
Histrionic dreaming
miles apart conceiving
munching feted peach
a liar to wishful scheme.
Apostles laughing snively
skyward glances glaring
blowing kisses downward
praying with a cruel piety.
Monkey's tiff and toss shit
at those of ardent squalor;
sideways stare, bow or curtsy,
wail and waltz into the parlor.


(First Published by Down in the Dirt Magazine)

KEN ALLAN DRONSFIELD

4 comments :

  1. Wonderful poems by an even more wonder person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated! I thank you for your very kind words.

      Delete
  2. Your words always pour delightfully over us like a progressive relaxation exercise, leaving us dumbfounded at what happened. Not a bad state to be in, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sincere thanks for your kind comments and enjoying my poems!

      Delete