Friday, April 1, 2016

Dr. SHAMENAZ BANO


Shamenaz
Bano

LET ME FLY
( A Woman’s Wish)
Let me fly
from this gender- discrimation,
disrupting my progress.
Let me fly
from this injustice,
inflicted upon me all the time.
Let me fly
from this male-dominancy,
creating problem wherever I go.
Let me fly
from this insecurity,
creating havoc for me.
Let me fly
from this age-old customs & traditions
forming a chain around me.
Let me fly
from fake duties & responsibilities,
not allowing to pursue,
real happiness of mine.
Let me fly
from this sexual abuse & molestation,
grabbing my peace of mind all the time.
Let me fly
in the far-far wider sky
of courage, self-determination,
talents and skills of mine.



COMPASSION
Compassion!
Isn’t a difficult term?
in this materialistic world.
Society deprived of it,
leading towards shallowness.
People possessing kindness,
becoming fewer day by day.
Gone are the days,
When people acquired,
love, respect & compassion for all.
Now they have profundity,
of hate & jealousy for all.
Is this the same world?
where so many noble soul resided,
giving message of love & compassion for all.



DARKNESS SEEMS TO BE ALL AROUND
Darkness seems to be all around,
surroundings me from all directions.
Darkness is here, darkness is there,
every path seems to be in dark.
The fierce claws of darkness
is engulfing me from all sides.
Is there any hope still alive?
for rescue, for survival,
from this fearful nightmarish sight?
Is there any hope for sunshine?
which can eradicate this blankness
controlling me from all sides.
The answer lies in future,
the answer is hidden in the days to come.
Let’s be optimistic about it,
Let’s hope for a brighter sight.
Dr. Shamenaz Bano

No comments :

Post a Comment